Dallas >Real Estate Agents > JoGip Property Management- Dallas, Texas
7929 Brookriver Dr. Suite 110, Dallas, TX | Directions 7524732.818687 -96.866147
9am - 5pm.
Neighborhoods: Northwest Dallas/Love Field
Poor Management and Personal Skills – I live in a very old property that is obviously not cared about by the owner or Jogip. I understand that Jogip does not fix everything but if it is something big then I should call them right? I had windows that were literally falling out of the frame, and they were on the 2nd floor!! One of them had a piece of clear plastic TAPED to the other windows. Also, they had taped the entire window shut as a way of "fixing" the problem. It took me 2 months and many, many un-returned phone calls before I could finally get them replaced. The ladies at the front desk will tell you that they have put in a work order but they never do. I had to call at least 5-6 times before the work order was actually turned in. And I felt like I had to basically throw legal reasons at them for them to understand the problem. Otherwise, they just act as though it is your problem so deal with it. After the windows are replaced, I call them for a routine maintenance call on the A/C(100+ temps for 30+ days). All I get is the lady who is answering phones(who also has no idea what she is doing) saying this " We just had your windows replaced, do you really need this work order?" So it's my responsibility to fix the property that I DO NOT own? Obviously the owner does not care about the property, but as a management company, it is your responsibility to make sure your tenant is in a safe and livable living space. Those windows were a safety hazard. They did send out an A/C maintenance person and they said that the A/C probably had not been looked at in over 2-3 years and that there was over 2 inches of dust, dirt and debris in the outside unit(I replace the filters inside). I thought the idea of a property management company was to MANAGE the properties..
OWNERS---DO NOT LET THEM MANAGE YOUR PROPERTIES.
RENTERS--DO NOT RENT FROM THEM!!!!!!!
GREAT MANAGEMENT COMPANY – After trying out multiple property companies for my 4 properties I decided to give JoGip a try and I am so glad I did. One of my properities had been vacant for 2 years JoGip managed to lease it out in 3 days. That was a year ago and the tenant is still there paying rent on time. As far as I am concerned JoGip is professional, ethical and very competent when it comes to leasing and managing your properties.
Unprofessional, Unethical & Incompetent Company – This company is unprofessional, unethical, and incompetent. I'm a Licensed Texas REALTOR who owns 12 rental properties. I know property management (PM). I'm a full-time CPA, so I hired JoGip to manage 7 properties. Below were my issues with JoGip during 8 months:
1. They'll lie about facts to win your business. They'll claim they're 1 of the largest 3 PM's in DFW. This is a lie. They are not.
2. When 1 of my tenants received notice that JoGip was taking new PM, she called indicating she had been stood up for 2 showing appointments by this PM before locating my property.
3. They'll claim they lease the majority of their properties through MLS via the use of other agents. They will claim that this works because they charge 75% of 1 month rent to lease a property but pay 50% of this amount to the agent who locates tenant. This is a lie. I checked MLS details for only property they listed for me. Details showed they were paying only 30% commission to the agent finding the tenant. When I inquired with them about this, they indicated, "We said up to 50%". This was a flat out lie since I had taken notes from our initial meeting & my notes clearly reflected how they exaggerated that they pay a FULL 50% to the tenant's agent.
4. When I told another REALTOR that I had recently selected them as PM, I was told, "Well, good luck with that"
5. One of my leases renewed at $75 increase 1 month after hiring JoGip. 2 months they collected the higher amount, however failed to remit the additional funds to me, then acted as if it were an error when I requested the additional funds.
6. They'll send unqualified repairpersons to repair your property. I had a small roof leak on a property less than 12 years old. They failed to describe the repair to the repairperson & I received a quote for a whole new roof! I had to spend my time talking with the repairperson to explain the required repair. This was the PM's job! After the repair, the roof leak was worse. I received a frantic call directly from tenant regarding issue. Tenants didn't trust JoGip to handle issues effectively.
7. JoGip only employs 1 office mgr & 1 broker on a full-time basis. This is insufficient staff to handle quantity of properties actually managing. I received calls from multiple tenants saying their calls went unanswered.
8. After PM agreement ended, they erroneously auto debited tenant's bank account & held funds 2 weeks, causing tenant's check to new PM to bounce. They refused to disburse the funds to new PM.
9. They refused to bill tenant repair costs to tenants because they don't want to be bothered with collecting amounts due. The lease clearly indicated repair costs which are tenant costs, because used the TAR lease which has been written & maintained by a staff lawyers & REALTORS over 10 years. When I demanded that appropriate charges are billed to tenant, they indicated in writing costs were billed to tenant. When I followed-up monthly over a 4 month period, they told me tenant had not paid the costs. After seeing an acct stmt issued to tenant, they never billed the amount to tenant but lied to show amounts billed. They even filed eviction on the tenant for a bounced check & collected account balance & late fees, however failed to collect the owner's small $100 repair cost. They then told me the only thing they can do is evict tenant or I can take fund out tenant deposit at move out. When I told them to evict tenant they fired me as a client. Hurray! However, when I pointed out that they evicted the tenant, collect late fees for themselves, but allowed the tenant stay in my property & I threatened to file a TREC complaint, they miraculously were able to collect the $100 in less than 1 week.
10. They boast about the # of clients they have fired. Be cautious regarding any company who makes this boast...they either consistently don't meet client's expectations, or consistently have not appropriately set client's expectations.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of JoGip Property Management- Dallas, Texas on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.